Umicore - Cobalt & Specialty Materials (CSM)
Cobalt & Specialty Materials (CSM) is the largest business unit within the Umicore business group "Energy & Surface Technologies".
CSM has been a worldwide leader in the recycling, refining, transformation and marketing of Cobalt specialties since 1912. Currently the Business Unit CSM markets a unique and complete portfolio of Cobalt chemicals and powders, while the BU can rely on a fully integrated supply and transformation chain for Cobalt. Since 1980 the BU complemented its portfolio with Nickel chemicals and since 2007 with a broad range of metalcarboxylates for various catalytic applications. Today, CSM has production plants and sales offices for its Cobalt and Nickel compounds and other Specialty Materials on all continents. The main markets and applications served by its products are: plating and surface treatment, various catalyst applications, materials for rechargeable batteries, hard metal and diamond tools, ceramics and glass.
CSM’s cobalt and nickel based compounds are used in a variety of applications ranging from very traditional ingredient blue pigment in ceramics to one of the key active materials in the growing market for rechargeable batteries.
The CSM Way - Making the difference
- People empowered to operate with a sense of ownership and entrepreneurship
- Technology with emerging downstream as well as traditional basic processes
- Flexibility to provide our customers with products that match their needs
- Service to supply on time the most extensive product list of organic and inorganic Cobalt and Nickel specialties
- Geographical presence with plants on all major continents and global sales experience to all countries